Protein A columns from Wuxi Galak
Mittlere Strasse 69
Tel./fax: +41 61 381 5022
Mobile: +41 78 813 5183
Background of monoclonal antibody titer analysis
Monoclonal antibodies (Mab's) are growing as the most active sector in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. During R&D and production processes, it is necessary to analyze a large number of samples made from cell culture quickly in order to monitor expressed antibody concentration, also known as Titer. One of the fastest, most accurate and most reliable analytical methods is Protein A affinity chromatography, the method preferred by the industry.
Protein A affinity chromatography has the following properties:
(1) Direct use on HPLC instruments
(2) Fast and accurate analysis of antibody concentration
(3) Wide linearity range
(4) Difficult to get sample overloading
Advantages of Absolut A affinity chromatography columns for antibody analysis
(1) Mono-dispersed PS-DVB particles feature very high rigidity, low back pressure and quick mass transfer
(2) Unique hydrophilic surface treatment technology minimizes nonspecific absorption and guarantees accurate determination of antibody concentration
(3) Stainless steel and PEEK columns allow direct use on HPLC instruments
(4) Fast analysis cycle time: 2 to 5 minutes
(5) Satisfactory linearity within a wide concentration range from 0.02 to 10 mg/ml
(6) Long life time: 3000 analysis cycles
(7) The new alkali-resistant Protein A ligand allows 0.1 to 0.5M NaOH cleaning conditions
Quantitative analysis of antibody fermentation broth by Absolut A affinity columns
Flow rate and pressure
The Absolut A affinity columns boast excellent pressure resistance. They are applicable to any HPLC instruments. The operating flow rate is adjustable within the range from 0.5 to 3 ml/min. The figure below illustrates the pressure change of Absolut A affinity chromatography columns under various flow rates.
Flexible choice of flow rate
Due to its quick mass transfer, the AbSolut A packing material always produces satisfactory test results under various flow rates. Thus, customers can choose a suitable flow rate for antibody titer test according to the sample size.
After 3000 repeated tests, the peak shape stayed consistent while both peak height and peak area showed no obvious change, thus demonstrating that the AbSolut A affinity chromatography columns will give you stable and reliable performance and a long life time.
Examples of applications
The standard curves of a Fc fusion protein and an antibody sample provided by one of our customers produced the same R2 in the AbSolut A testing ie. 0.999 within the range from 1 μg to 32 μg.
Affinity chromatography media